Not sure where to start? Find the right ball for your game with our ball fitting.
Learn more about our clubs in the 2018 Catalog.
Learn more about our products in the 2019 Catalog.
Bridgestone Golf, Inc.
Job Title: Maintenance Technician
Department: Ball Production
Location: Covington, GA
Shift: Rotating (12 Hours)
Reports To: Maintenance Manager
Repairs and maintains mechanical, hydraulic, and electrical components of production machines and equipment, and of plant facility by performing the following duties.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
· Visually inspects and listens to machines and equipment to locate causes of malfunctions.
· Dismantle machines and equipment to gain access to problem area.
· Inspects and measures parts to detect wear, misalignment, or other problems.
· Starts machines and equipment to test operation following repair.
· Removes, repairs, or replaces broken parts using hand or power tools.
· Sets up and operates metalworking tools such as lathe, drill press, or grinder, to make or repair parts.
· Identifies problems with automated equipment using Programmable Logic Controllers, making program changes as needed.
· Develops and performs preventive maintenance program for facilities and equipment.
· Diagnoses and replaces faulty, electrical, mechanical, hydraulic, and pneumatic components of machines and equipment.
· Cleans and lubricates shafts, bearings, gears and other parts of machinery.
· Installs, programs or repairs automated machinery and equipment.
· Other duties may be assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
Must have high school diploma or G.E.D. a one year certificate from college or technical school desirable; plus three years combined experience in electrical plant maintenance, equipment maintenance (trouble shooting, preventive etc.) and general mechanical maintenance (hydraulics, fabrication, welding, etc.); or equivalent combination of education and experience. Requires experience in use and programming of Programmable Logic Controllers.
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret technical procedures, and safety regulations. Ability to write reports, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from ball production employees.
Ability to calculate figures using whole numbers, fractions, and decimals. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
OTHER SKILLS AND ABILITIES
Requires ability to read mechanical/electrical drawings, blueprints, specifications and, other technical information.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to sit; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, or crouch. The employee is required to work rotating shifts, including some weekends and holidays. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 60 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee occasionally works near moving mechanical parts and is occasionally exposed to fumes or airborne particles, toxic or caustic chemicals, vibration, and is occasionally required to work in high, precarious places. The indoor climate can be seasonably hot or cold. The noise level in the work environment is usually loud.
Please submit your resume for future consideration to : email@example.com