View the 2023 Catalog
Learn more about our products in the 2023 Catalog.
(COVINGTON, GA) – Bridgestone Golf – innovator of premium golf balls, clubs and accessories – announces its new TOUR B golf balls are now available nationwide and the company has made it easier than ever for players of all skill levels to go through a fitting in order to find the model that best suits their games.
The TOUR B Series represents Bridgestone’s commitment to creating golf balls that benefit a wide variety of golfers, unlike competitors who engineer and market products catering solely to PGA Tour players. Using data from more than 3 million in-person and online ball fittings, combined with insights from leading third-party industry sources, Bridgestone identified the needs of specific player types and drew on more than 1,000 golf ball patents to determine which of its proprietary technologies would most benefit each.
The new series includes four models – TOUR B X, XS, RX and RXS (each $44.99) – which provide unmatched feel, accuracy and distance. In order to help customers find the perfect ball for their games, a fitting guide is printed on packaging or Bridgestone offers two quick, easy and comprehensive fitting options:
· BFIT Golf Ball Fitting App – Free to download, the app turns iPhones into a mobile launch monitor by utilizing the camera to analyze the user’s swing and recommend the best Bridgestone ball for their game.
· New Online Fitting Tool – Available at www.bridgestonegolf.com, it accommodates the full spectrum of players. The “Quick Fit” option easily determines the best ball for novices, while the in-depth “I Know My Game” offers detailed set of questions to aid experienced golfers in finding the perfect fit. Finally, the “I’ve Been Measured” path allows users to input launch monitor data, ensuring the most accurate recommendation possible.
“Other golf ball manufacturers are pushing products developed for PGA Tour caliber golfers on the general golfing public. The reality is amateurs are hurting their performance by using a ‘Tour-level’ golf ball,” says Adam Rehberg, Bridgestone Golf Ball Fitting. “Our goal is to help people find the ball that is right for them. This is why we offer the widest variety of options, with each ball specifically tailored for certain player types.”
The aforementioned data mining and third-party validation not only led to the creation of the TOUR B series, but helped Bridgestone better position its entire golf ball portfolio. The e6 SPEED and e6 SOFT help mid-handicap players hit more fairways thanks to lower side spin from a more forgiving gradational compression core. The Extra Soft and Lady are for mid-to-high handicap players and provide best-in-class distance and accuracy as a result of increased ball speed and lower side spin.
TOUR B balls offers options for low handicappers, in the X and XS, while the RX and RXS are for low-mid handicap players. The X and XS provide more spin and greenside control than their predecessor due to softer urethane cover formulation, while increased distance comes from enhanced aerodynamics and improved 330 Dual Dimple design. The RX and RXS deliver explosive distance and optimized trajectory thanks to high repulsion construction and new 338 modified Dual Dimple design.
Each new TOUR B Series golf ball features the proven characteristics that have made Bridgestone Golf among the most respected names in the industry. The benefits of these features include:
· Accuracy – Gradational core provides optimal energy transfer to create low side-spin and high ball velocity for incredible distance and accuracy gains
· Consistency – Seamless cover design utilizes injection molding technology to stabilize ball flight on all shots
· Distance – Aerodynamically superior dimple profiles provide different player types with vastly enhanced length and control
· Feel – SlipRes cover technology increases friction by creating more stability between the ball and club for enhanced control with irons and wedges
About Bridgestone Golf
Bridgestone Golf USA is based in Covington, GA and manufactures premium golf balls, clubs and accessories under Bridgestone and Precept brands. The company started making golf balls in 1935 and, as the world’s largest tire manufacturer, leverages its 900 rubber polymer science engineers worldwide to produce high-performing products. Customer swing and related data, captured through its popular, nationwide ball-fitting program, advises continuous advancement of ball technology. Bridgestone Golf USA is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Bridgestone Sports Co. Ltd., headquartered in Tokyo.
More information: bridgestonegolf.com.