View the 2023 Catalog
Learn more about our products in the 2023 Catalog.
(COVINGTON, GA) – Bryson DeChambeau used Bridgestone Golf’s TOUR B X golf ball to capture victory at the PGA TOUR’s Memorial Tournament, conducted at Muirfield Village GC outside Columbus, OH.
The 24-year-old secured his second PGA TOUR title by eliminating two other players in a dramatic playoff. Averaging more than 306 yards off the tee, he trusted the TOUR B X’s aerodynamic Dual Dimple design to optimize distance. DeChambeau officially switched to the TOUR B X in late 2017, as the soft urethane cover provides superior spin and greenside control over his previous ball.
“The Bridgestone R&D team uses a wealth of data from their ball-fitting program as well as feedback from TOUR pros to inform golf ball design properties,” says DeChambeau. “I worked closely with Bridgestone’s team to find the model that perfectly fit my game and now have complete confidence in how my ball will perform in any situation.”
DeChambeau also wore Bridgestone Golf’s new TOUR B FIT Glove. High-end Cabretta leather coupled with FIT technology ensures a soft feel, consistent grip, and excellent durability. Enhanced flexibility around the palm and thumb provides optimum fit and soft tab technology ensures hand comfort.
"The golfing world has known for years that Bryson is a very special player, and now at just 24 we’re seeing him prove that it isn’t hype, he is one of the greatest talents on TOUR," says Corey Consuegra, Bridgestone Golf’s Head of Marketing. "By going through the fitting process, Bryson was able to identify which Bridgestone ball best complemented his game. Fitting isn’t just for TOUR players, as any golfer will reap significant benefits by determining the ball that will provide them an edge.”
The TOUR B Series represents Bridgestone’s most technologically advanced golf balls to date. During development, company engineers used data from more than three million in-person and online ball fittings, combined with insights from leading third-party industry sources, to identify needs of specific player types. They then drew on more than 800 golf ball patents to determine which proprietary technologies would most benefit each golfer persona identified.
Four models comprise the TOUR B line – X, XS, RX and RXS (each $44.99) – which provide unmatched feel, accuracy and distance. To help players find the perfect ball for their games, Bridgestone offers two quick, easy and comprehensive fitting options:
· BFIT Golf Ball Fitting App – Free to download, the app turns the iPhone into a mobile launch monitor by utilizing the camera to analyze the user’s swing and recommend the best Bridgestone ball for his or her game.
· New Online Fitting Tool – Available at www.bridgestonegolf.com, it accommodates the full spectrum of players. The “Quick Fit” option easily determines the best ball for novices while the in-depth “I Know My Game” presents detailed questions to assist experienced golfers to find the perfect fit. The “I’ve Been Measured” path allows users to input launch monitor data, ensuring the most accurate recommendation possible.
Each TOUR B Series golf ball features proven characteristics which continue to make Bridgestone Golf among the most respected brands in the industry. They include:
· Accuracy – Gradational core optimizes energy transfer to create low side-spin and high ball velocity for incredible distance and accuracy gains.
· Consistency – Seamless cover design utilizes injection molding technology to stabilize ball flight on all shots.
· Distance – Aerodynamically superior dimple profiles provide different player types with vastly enhanced length and control.
· Feel – SlipRes cover technology increases friction by creating more stability between the ball and club for enhanced control with irons and wedges.
Beyond DeChambeau, Bridgestone Golf’s professional staff includes 14-time major championship winner Tiger Woods, FedExCup champion Brandt Snedeker, Olympics bronze medalist Matt Kuchar, Masters winner Fred Couples, and LPGA stars Lexi Thompson and Cheyenne Woods.
About Bridgestone Golf
Bridgestone Golf, Inc. is based in Covington, GA and manufactures premium golf balls, clubs and accessories under Bridgestone and Precept brands. The company started making golf balls in 1935 and, as the world’s largest tire manufacturer, leverages its 900 rubber polymer science engineers worldwide to produce high-performing products. Customer swing and related data, captured through its popular, nationwide ball-fitting program, advises continuous advancement of ball technology. Bridgestone Golf, Inc. is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Bridgestone Sports Co. Ltd., headquartered in Tokyo.
More information: bridgestonegolf.com.